Dr. Nilson is letting me come in every week to check on the baby. This week, he did an ultrasound and said if we could hear the heartbeat, it would be time to do a second and last round of the infusion. With Gabriel, we saw the heartbeat at 8 weeks and actually heard it at 12 weeks, so I wasn't thinking it possible. However, we did! It was amazing to be looking at something you could barely see and see the heart beating away, in fact that was the only thing you could see on the screen. Heart beat was 110. He said that it was just ramping up, but with those words fear overtook me.
With our first miscarriage, my mom and I saw the baby and the heart beat was 120 and the nurse said it was a little low (I was at 7 weeks with this pregnancy). Then a few hours later, I lost the baby. So I called a few friends and prayed. This brought a tremendous relief. Waiting was all we could do.
No comments:
Post a Comment