Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 11


Sorry for not posting last night, technical difficulties. I think my claim will be that it will be posted by Fridays at 4:00pm.

Race for the cure. soccer game. lunch. nap. fever 102.3. sickness. dehydration. passing out. ER. IV fluids. more sickness. Imodium. dr. appts. more sickness. off Imodium. Pedilyte. loss of 5 pounds. more sickness. more dr. appts. prayerful healing!

This was my week from Saturday morning to right now.

I just left my doctor's office and she still doesn't know what is going on with my body. She is hesitant to give me anything because I'm pregnant. We do know that it is not a parasite! Yay to no parasite! She said to call her by 6:00 pm today for the final news. She had been hoping it would have just run its course, and it is getting better but its not gone. She took quite a bit of blood work to make sure that it wasn't causing any liver and other damage.

However in baby world! Things are back on a positive note. Baby was so cute yesterday. Dr. Nilson was playing with him/her. He wanted the baby to move so he would poke my belly, and the baby appeared as though he/she was wanting to play with Dr. Nilson. The funny thing was when I would poke, the baby would just jiggle on the screen and not move, but when he did it the baby performed all sorts of funny things. There was a room full of ahhs and how cutes and laughter. Just what the doctor ordered!

The nuchal fold was still 1.8 mm in some places and 1.4 mm in other places. So it is in the Normal range. (which is anything under 2.5mm) We went ahead and did blood work. They compare the blood work and the nuchal fold measurement to give you ratio to if the baby could have a chromosomal abnormality. They said they would call with results. But Dr. Nilson was very positive that all was normal. Johnny and I left with a sense of relief.

If you live in Tulsa and need an OB, I highly recommend Dr. Nilson. Here are a few more reasons why:
1. He finished the u/s, cleaned up, and realized he forgot to print a picture. Instead of telling us next time. He got his stuff back out just to print us a picture.
2. I don't remember what was said, but he said "Kellie, we are all invested in this pregnancy." Love it!!

As time goes on, we both are trying to let our guards down, but I'm thinking for me it might come at the 20 week u/s. This is when things started going wrong for Gabriel.

Thank you all for the prayers. I know prayers work. After Thursday night, I had a peace that transcended all understanding the rest of the week. Even with being as sick as I am right now, I still had a peace. Emily Wade said, "Maybe you are not getting well quickly, because the baby is taking all the nutrients it needs first." Good thought, and one that I am more than happy for that to be the case.

Love you all and thanks again for your interest, support, and prayers into our lives!
Kellie

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're sick and that the baby is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete